Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lots of pictures!

We hope you enjoy these pictures. We've had difficulty uploading for a couple of days so these should catch us up. The first ones are from the medical exam morning. Kylie did very well compared to some of the other kids that were in there with us.




These next pictures are from our excursion to the Guangzhou Folk Art Museum this morning. The museum once was the personal home and temple of a very wealthy family in this area. Much of the home has been preserved including some incredible teakwood carved wall panels that were beautiful. There were many rooms within the compound that now house a variety of examples of Chinese art: porcelain vases and plates, wood carvings, embroidery, paintings, etc. The courtyards displayed many different types of banzai trees. The weather was foggy and drizzly -- it would have been even more beautiful if the skies were blue, but we were glad we had a chance to see it.


Etched blue glass that was gorgeous when the sunlight glowed through.



We did have a breakthrough moment when Kylie actually turned to Mommy and asked to be held. It was a short-lived moment but we'll take them when they come.

After the museum we went to a Chinese Tea House to sample different varieties of Chinese tea. We tried 5 teas: Oolong, Jasmine, Ginseng, Rose, and White. It was amazing how different they tasted. We all agreed that the Oolong was our favorite. Kylie definitely agreed. She is quite accomplished with a tea cup.

These last two days she has begun to open up and her personality is emerging by the hour. We have had lots of giggles and even a couple of words, we think. Every moment is precious -- it is so much fun to watch her begin to trust us.



We are grateful for your prayers. We can't wait to get home and introduce you to the newest Miller!

10 comments:

Brandi said...

Precious pictures once again! What a sweetie. Sounds like you are having a blast and making progress too.

Can't wait to meet that precious little Miller!

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey,
We love you. I can't believe you are 19. I bet you are having an awesome birthday in China. That is so cool on your birthday to be able to get a little sister. We hope you have fun. We are coming to the airport to see you guys, so we will see you then.
WE LOVE YOU!!!
-Uncle Barry, Aunt Shannon, Brennan, Mitchell, Allie, and Justin
(p.s.- Allie wrote this- and I love you)

Kristi Klein said...

I have tried to leave a few comments unsuccesfully. Hopefully this time I will be able to tell you how precious following you in your adventure with Kylie Grace has been! I have to believe that when Kylie Grace is done holding back from you Cheryl that she will deeply and preciously be her mommy's girl. Waiting on God's handiwork can be painful and seem like molasses dripping BUT He always comes through if we will wait on Him. You are good at that my friend. SO much love to you all. Can't wait till you come home. Kristi Klein

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELSEY!!

My last entry went somewhere in cyberspace, so I want to try again and wish Cheryl a "Happy Birth Day", too! You and I share a special "birth date" and I hope yours is especially wonderful this year! My guess is that when Kylie claims you as "Mom", and it could be very soon, her heart is going to be deeply entwined with yours and the bond will be unbreakable. What a lucky little girl she is! We love you all!
Linda & Roger

Jackie Sue said...

Cheryl, Brandi sent me the link to your blog. I spoke with Shannon just a few weeks ago and was so pleasantly surprised to find out that you were about to head to China to get your little girl! She is ADORABLE! I am so happy for you and your family. Looking through your blog brings back our 2 visits there...such sweet memories. I would love to catch up with you and introduce Kylie to our girls when you get back sometime. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and congratulations!!! Happy New Year to you and yours. Many blessings, Jackie Wimberly p.s.If you are traveling with Linekar please tell him that David and Jackie Wimberly from Orlando said hello :)

Anonymous said...

How can I not add my HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kelsey!??!! I hope you had a wonderful day!! Thought of you all day yesterday - accounting for the time difference!
Big hugs and yea for small steps for the new family.
Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Millers (at least it's morning here!): Cheryl, you have been in my prayers about every waking hour and I was so thrilled to see all the pictures! Kylie Grace is looking so happy and comfortable and you all look like you are really drinking it in! I love it that you heard her first giggle-oh, the little things that are huge! I thank God daily for how he went before you to orchestrated this "family experience of a life time!" I'm praying for lots more little things and continued break through moments. Happy Birthday Kelsey! We love you all.
The Kupp Family

Anonymous said...

Jim and I are so excited and overcome with joy for you. I was tearful when reading about your experience there as God delivered this precious gift into your arms.We know that He orchestrated every detail long before the idea even came to you. How good He is we can never truly comprehend.We look forward to your return. God bless and keep you.
Much love, Ivy and Jim

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures!! We are so happy for all of you. What a precious gift from God. Can't wait to meet her. Lots of love from the office.


The girls

jennifer said...

Hi Cheryl and family- I pray things are improving with Kylie and Cheryl. I know these precious kids have no concept of what a family is, but what a treat they are in for as they begin to learn. It is so great your kids were able to come with you. Our kids went also and that has made such close relationships for James and his sisters. I wanted to share a verse my daughter read to me in China when I was going through bonding/rejection issues. "I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2 Praying things are going better, and you are feeling God's strength. Jennifer