Saturday, December 6, 2008

WE ARE GOING TO CHINA!

Welcome to our travel blog! This is a new experience for us...but what a way to "kick off" our blog with the news that we are going to China!

I can’t help but think of the song “If You Say Go” by Vineyard Music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQruZ_oX-8&feature=related

"If You say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water
And they say it can’t be done
We’ll fix our eyes on You and we will come."

"Your ways are higher than our ways
And plans that You have laid
Are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw Your hand
We’ll gaze into the flames and look for You."

We have experienced “go”, “wait” and many challenges during our adoption journey. Our Father has shown himself to be so faithful as we fixed our eyes on him. The blessings have been abundant….sometimes very subtle and sometimes quite bold.

We are truly grateful and excited beyond words to share that He said “GO”. We have received our Travel Approval and Consulate Appointment. And, we have confirmed plane tickets for 4 to China and 5 returning!!! We will be leaving for China in 12 days! We depart on December 18th and return with our new addition on January 1st. So many answered prayers, not the least of which is that Kelsey and Kennan will be going! The timing of this trip is so incredible!

We would treasure your prayers for God’s continued provision as we make our final preparations this side of China. Please continue to pray for us as He prepares our hearts and hers for the day we will become a family. Kylie Grace….here we come! It won’t be long now sweetie!

11 comments:

Traci said...

Oh Cheryl,
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I now feel like I have officially met you! I cannot wait to see you in "real life"! You have a beautiful family! I can't wait for our kids to meet either! We are going to have so much fun! Just a little longer. Kylie is so precious! God is so good, all the time!
Blessings,
Traci

Anonymous said...

We are overjoyed to read your news and thrilled that we can follow along through your blog! What a beautiful website you've created!
....And we thought the Gators winning the SEC would be the big news today!
God bless each of you on your amazing journey!
We love you!
Linda & Roger

thhaley said...

We are so excited for your family. What wonderful timing. Isn't God great. We have so much admiration for you all. Merry Christmas and God bless your ENTIRE family!!! We will be following your journey you can count on it.

The Haley's

Anonymous said...

Hank and Cheryl,
I am sitting here in my hotel room in Chicago, just going over some of the e-mails sent since I left. The word of your travel arrangements was the first e-mail that I opened. This is so fantastic and we are all so very excited for you. God has truly opened your hearts and has made a way for you to accomplish this dream. We will be tuning in frequently to check on your progress and will keep you in our constant prayers for safe travel. May God bless you all.

John Hardeman

My husband and I said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you and your family! (If you get to visit the orphanage, check in on our little Zhong Xiao yan!)This is such great news! You are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

What truly wonderful news! I am crying tears of joy for you, literally!!! THANK YOU so much for sharing this with us and for letting us be a part of watching God's plan for Kylie unfold. We look forward to checking on updates in the coming days! May God richly bless your family. Karen, Dave, Nicole and Sarah

Karen said...

What truly wonderful news! I am crying tears of joy for you, literally!!! THANK YOU so much for sharing this with us and for letting us be a part of watching God's plan for Kylie unfold. We look forward to checking on updates in the coming days! May God richly bless your family. Karen, Dave, Nicole and Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hank and Cheryl, your blog has brought me to tears. Tears, because I now know it is really happening. The same thing happened when Hank first told me, except then I had to hold them back. I really think this is a very special commitment of unselfish love you and your family are making and I feel humbled by it. Saying that we are very happy for you does not begin to express how Miriam and I feel. You are in our thoughts and prayers and as always we are here for you. May God bless you and keep you safe. Your friend’s Hector and Miriam.

Anne said...

Hank and Cheryl, I am writing this with tears in my eyes. I am in awe of what God is doing in your lives and in Kylie Grace's along with Kelsey and Kennan. Your faithfulness and obedience to God inspires me. I cannot even put into the words the excitement I feel for you. Ron, Kristen, Stephen and I are continuing to keep you in our prayers. Looking forward to reading more and really looking forward to seeing you upon your return. Love Anne H.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for your family and are following along your incredible journey!

Jeff and Debbie Knipe

Jeff Knipe said...

We are so happy for your family! This is an incredible journey so enjoy every moment......

Praying for you here in Orlando....

Jeff and Debbie Knipe